This is the simplified version
My family love avocado. It was once called “poor man’s butter.”
We use avocado for salad, as a bread spread, chips dip and even as a smoothie. I will always buy a number of them whenever I make a trip to Batam. The Indonesian avocados are different variety from those that are selling in Singapore. Those from Indonesia are also bigger. As long as it is avocado my family love them.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp of fine salt
- Juice 2 calamansi lime or 1 tbsp of lime juice
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Spoon the flesh of the avocados into a bowl.
- Add the calamansi lime juice, onion, salt, and mix gently to combine, so as not to crush the ingredients.
To prevent guacamole from oxidising.
- Pack the guacamole tightly in the glass container, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle some sliced onion on the top, cover with the lid. Put in the refrigerator.
- It can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, take off the lid and remove the sliced onion.
- Stir up the guacamole to incorporate any extra moisture.