My TCM doctor recommended me to try out peach gum when I visited her. She said that peach gum is nutritious. It can be made into desert and add into chicken or pork soup. I have read on the internet that peach gum is good for our skin, stomach, relieve stress and anti-wrinkle.
So I bought a pack to try out. Very refreshing and nice.
Serving – 6-7
- 30g peach gum
- 2 Asian pears
- 6 honey dates
- 4 pandan leaves
- 50g rock sugar
- 2 liters of water
- Soak peach gum overnight or for at least 12 hours. Rinse and remove impurities.
- Remove the skin of Asian pears. Cut pears into chunks.
- Wash the pandan leaves and tie into knot.
- Put all the ingredients and water into the pressure cooker.
- Select the “soup” mode in pressure cooking and press start.
- This desert can be serve hot or cold.
- Pressure cooker (alternatively a slow cooker or over stove)
- Large bowl
- Large strainer